The grocery store was started back in 1915 and expanded quickly. The founder purchased a single grocery store from his father and within just over a decade had almost 500 stores. He later merged the company with another business, and it then became Safeway. Two years after that the company first showed up on the New York Stock Exchange. The founder, M.B. Skaggs, introduced a number of novel ideas to the public, including selling by the pound, “sell by” dates, and labeling items with nutritional information. He also started some of the first parking lots. The company has since expanded to include many more stores, and also operates some other businesses under different names. As a shopper you can find great meat, produce, and other food options at great low prices in the store as well as recipes and healthy tips online.
Stores are open all day every day except for recognized holidays. Pharmacy hours are slightly limited, and tend to be 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM on Saturday, and 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Sundays.
The minimum age varies depending upon the position. There are spots available for people as young as 14, although some jobs require you be as old as 21. You can select your minimum age during your search to make sure you only apply for jobs that fit your age.
Applying For A Job:
Do you think you have what it takes to be a part of the team? If you are a motivated and dedicated individual who loves customer service then you might be ready for a job with this company. To learn more you can check out the official website. You can also check out link below explore job options specifically.
What Kind Of Job?
There are numerous categories and options for employment opportunities at here. You may choose between:
- Retail store positions
- Store management
- Pharmacy job
- Pharmacy technician
- Patient care technician
- Home delivery driver
- Distribution management
- Office support
- Manufacturing management
- Manufacturing non-management
- Retail leadership development program (military)
- Manufacturing/distribution (military)
- College programs
How To Apply Online?
- You can search on the website to see the jobs available near you for each individual category. There are many positions within each of these job types.
- Read the description for your desired employment and select that you are at least a certain number of years old.
- Select your location and desired proximity.
- Choose the store you would like to work at. Click the position(s) for which you would like to apply. To continue you will either have to register or log in to your account.
- After doing so you will be guided through the rest of the application process. Follow the instructions and enter all your information and employment history accurately.
- Medical plans including vision and dental
- Prescription discounts
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Education programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Product discounts
- Competitive compensation