The first one of these stores opened over 50 years ago in North Carolina. There are two other companies that operate with this business, Shoe Department and Burlington Shoes. All three store names operate under the same mission, to provide people with superior quality and service while keeping prices reasonable. Together there are more than 1,100 locations in almost 40 states across America. You can also browse selections online at shoeshow.com. The businesses stay on the forefront of the retail industry by incorporating technological innovations and other novel business solutions into their everyday routine, from their computer systems to store layouts. More than just a shoe retailer, the corporation dedicates itself to philanthropic efforts across their communities.
Location hours may vary slightly from place to place, so it would be best to check online and search for stores in your area. Every location’s opening and closing times are listed on the website. A sample would be:
- Monday to Saturday: 10 AM to 9 PM
- Sunday: 12 PM to 6 PM.
Company Perks And Compensation:
First and foremost, everyone who works with this workplace will be compensated regularly, either based on hours worked or a salary determined before you are hired. People on every level will also be offered employee discounts on products and merchandise. From there, benefits will depend largely on the type of position and the environment in which you work. For example, retail associates will be afforded flexible scheduling, while corporate employees might be rewarded with health insurance or vacation time. No matter where you start, you will have the chance to grow, learn, and achieve promotions, giving you not only more responsibility, but more benefits as well!
Qualifications Based On Age:
Company generally does not hire people less than 18 years of age. If you wish to apply as a minor, make sure that you can prove your legal ability to work in your state before filling out an application.
Applying For Work In A Store:
Although you do not have the option of filling out an electronic application on the website, you can still do so easily in person. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to the mentioned link or click on the store locator link on the main site.
- Enter your zip code as well as the range at which you would like the resource to search for locations. Don’t choose a distance beyond what you are willing to travel for work.
- All of the stores that match your search criteria will appear. Note that the addresses and telephone number for each store are available on this page.
- Visit the store or stores you have selected and ask to speak with a manager. He or she can give you a paper application to fill out.
- Once you have filled out the application, the manager might interview you right then or call you later. After you have finished the whole process you will find out whether or not you are hired.
Congratulations on taking the first steps to opening the door to a thrilling and satisfying new career move! Whether you are a seasoned veteran when it comes to footwear retail or you just love to work with people, you will have fun in your new job. Company offers you a supporting and willing environment where you can make new friends and achieve many goals.