TGI Friday’s is a casual dining restaurant concept that was founded in the United States – New York City, to be exact – in 1965. Its headquarters is in Texas and there are nearly 1,000 locations worldwide. The chain boasts a unique appearance, with red and white striped canopies and antique-looking décor. The concept got its name from the popular expression “Thank God It’s Friday,” and is meant to signify how people can relax and unwind while enjoying good food and drink in one of the restaurants. Food options include a range of appetizers, meat, seafood, soups and salads, pastas, burgers, sandwiches, desserts, and special options for kids. Restaurants also feature a bar with a number of drink selections and specialty concoctions.
Applying For Work:
Whether you have experience working in food services or not or you may want to consider working with this company. The atmosphere is fun and inviting and you have the option of working in a restaurant or at the corporate office.
- Go to this site by using the below URL. You will see that at the very bottom of the page there are a number of links in small font. The very first one says CAREERS. Click the link now.
- There are a few different categories of job you could have. If you want to work in the restaurant you might consider working as a bartender, server, host or hostess, cook, dishwasher, or in one of a number of management positions. On the other hand, you could work in the support center within a number of departments, such as customer service, finance, or information technology. Look over the careers site to get an idea of what you would like to do.
- To work at the corporate office, click on the Support Center link. This will take you to a page where you can enter search criteria and find results that match your preferences. Type in criteria such as location, functional area, position type, posting period, keyword, or a specific job ID. When you are ready, hit the search button.
- Your results will appear listed with the job ID, job title, location, and the date the position was posted. Browse the results and click on any that appeal to you.
- Read over the position description and requirements, and if you think it is a good fit, hit the APPLY button.
- Fill out all the information asked of you, such as name, address, and phone number, and click NEXT. Follow the onscreen instructions to fill out the application and submit it for review.
- Note that you can also use this search function to find restaurant management positions. The management tab on the careers page will give you information about the training programs the company offers.
- To apply as a team member, click the appropriate tab on the career site main page. Select a language and then click on any of the jobs in which you would be interested, such as dishwasher, bartender, or general manager. Hit NEXT and enter your country and state.
- From here you will be given a list of available positions in your area. Click on a location and then specify if you want to apply as a team member or manager. Read over the description summary, and if you want to apply, click the button to submit an application. Follow the onscreen instructions to fill out all the appropriate information and submit your credentials for review.
Different positions have different requirements. Make sure you read over everything before submitting an application, as some will have specific mandates in regards to age. For certain positions you may be hired as a minor, and if you are under 18, make sure you can provide proof of your ability to work in your state.
Hours Of Operation:
Most stores are open from about 11 AM to 2 AM every day of the week. To check the individual schedule of a restaurant in your area, use the online store locator.