Zumiez is a clothing retailer store which was founded in 1978 in Lynnwood, Washington. It sells clothing for action sports including skateboarding, snowboarding and motocross. Zumiez has increased its nosiness to around 600 stores all over the United States and Canada.
The Foundation purchases clothing and related items for an objective of assistance of the needy people as well as organizations which are serving those communities. Those who receive grants from it include youth centers, homeless shelters, religious organizations, and other transitional programs.
- Minimum Age required to Work:: You must be at least 16 years of age to work at Stores.
- Working Hours: 10:00 am – 9:00 pm (Monday to Saturday) and 11:00 am – 6:00 pm (Sunday)
- Job Application Form: From the link, job application form for it can be downloaded from the right hand side of the page.
Available Positions at Store: It offers jobs which are available for entry level candidates as well as experienced persons. Sales associates usually enter the company at an entry level job. Other entry level employees include merchandizer or working in stock rooms. Most Common job positions which are opened include;
- Sales Person
- Assistant Store Manager
- Store Manager
- Merchandise Planner
- Junior Designer
- Seasonal Sales Person
- Key Holder
- Merchandise Handler
- Distribution Center Employee
- Footwear Buyer, Web Developer
- Accounting Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Customer Service Representative
Tips to apply
The application form can be downloaded from the above given link and submitted after completing it. Candidates can also apply through career portal of Zumiez by creating their online profiles. Candidates who hand over the form directly by visiting the stores can get a chance of quick interview while other may have to wait for some weeks.
- Employees who have interest in skating, snowboarding and surfing can get preference for the job as they will already have some know-how about these products, they will be able to guide the customers in a better way.
- Entry level can get the jobs with a desire to work in the industry and they will require any experience.
- They need to be fit enough to stand for long time as their duty hours are long and they have to deal with the customers continuously.
- Management level jobs can be availed if the candidates have some experience in the fashion retail industry. High School diplomas along with the leadership experience for at least 2 years is beneficial.
- Employees have to interact with the customers which would require them to have a friendly attitude and they should always be ready to help customers whenever they need.
- Sales Associates who have the most of the interaction with the customers need to perform their duties to make the customer satisfied. A sales associate should provide best possible customer services by listening to his customers and their needs. It is also the duty of sales associates to keep the store clean and make the display of the store attractive for the customers.
- Managers have the responsibility of avoiding losses and making sales and profits reports and lead the team well to achieve the objectives.
- Assistant managers who generally assistant the managers and have to perform all of the managers during their absence. Assistant managers are usually engaged in the hiring and training of the new employees and administrative work with the managers of the stores.
Salaries and Benefits
- Sales associates and other entry level employees begin working at the minimum wage rate and can earn for an hour around $9.00 maximum.
- Assistant Managers get a salary between $11.0 and $12.00 per hour at the beginning which can be increased with the time.
- Store Managers have annual earnings up to $40,000.
- Apart from the salaries, employees also get benefits like retirement plans, paid vacations medical and health benefits and prescription medication.