Sonic Drive In is a drive in fast food restaurant in United States where roller skates are used to serve the customer in their cars. The persons who serve the food are known as ‘carhops’. Its first restaurant was opened in Oklahoma in 1953 was named as ‘Top Hat’ which was later changed to Sonic in 1959 as the former name was a copyright of some other business.
The restaurant serves over 4 million customers per day by its presence in over 3500 different locations in 43 states of the country and it is also known for its ‘carnival style food’ Orders are given in the speakers in the parking spots where carhops bring food.
- Minimum Age required to Work: You must be at least 16 years of age to work at Sonic Drive In.
- Working Hours at: It is a 24 hours food service so it is opened 24 hours and 7 days a week.
- Job Application Form: From the link, job application form for Sonic Drive In can be downloaded from the right side of the page.
Available Positions at Sonic Drive In: Jobs are available for inexperienced candidates as well as experienced persons. Entry level employees like crew members and carhops can build their career. Some of the available job positions at Sonic are;
- Crew Member – Kitchen Cook & Prep
- Skating Carhop
- Crew Leader
- Assistant Manager
- General Manager
- Market Supervisor
Tips To Apply
The application form can be downloaded from the above given link and submitted after filling it. Sonic also allows the candidates to apply online through career portal of Sonic. Candidates who themselves go to the store and submit the application may get an advantage of immediate interview.
- Sonic requires more physically fit employees as compared to the other restaurants due to the different way of serving through the carhops. Crew members need to be able to work at flexible schedules which will give them an edge while selection over other applicants.
- Strong memorization skills are required as well.
- Entry level employees are hired without any experience while managerial roles require experience in the particular area and age of such employees must be at least 18 years. They must possess some leadership skills as well.
Some specified responsibilities for particular jobs are defined which are;
- Carhops have the responsibility of serving food and drink orders which should be done quickly without making it late and the serving of the food is done by wearing roller skates.
- Crew members has the duties like preparation of menu of the food items, cleansing of the work station, restocking of the freezers and overall maintenance of the area.
- In the management positions, Crew Leader is involved in the supervision and training of the employees and the schedules of their task are also made by him.
- Assistant Managers have the responsibility of inventory management, hiring and training of the new employees and all the things related to administration are handled by them.
- General Manager who is the leader of the employees has to communicate with the corporate members and make sales and profits reports. He is the one actually dealing with the administration work whom assistant manager helps.
Salaries and Benefits
- Carhops start with the minimum hourly wage rate and can get more with some experience.
- Crew Members start working at the hourly pay of $8.00 and after serving the company for some time period it can be increased and they get between $9.00 and $10.00 per hour.
- Assistant Managers can earn around $30,000 per year while,
- General Managers being superior gets the higher salary which is about $50,000 annually.
- Other benefits for the employees include;
- Compensated training
- Growth opportunities and getting full time employment
- Paid vacations
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Education assistance
- Health benefits and
- Life Insurance
Apply Online: www.sonicdrivein.com/jobs/drivein/crew-member