Subway is an American retailer restaurant which has made the sub sandwiches its specialty. Subway has its branches all over the world for which continuous hiring of the employees is done. It has around 43,994 branches currently operating in more than 110 countries. These number can show that it is one of the fastest brands in the world. The positions for which the hiring may either be full time or hourly positions. Anyone can try to build the career at this well-known restaurant chain.
Important Things About The Job
Minimum age to work = You must be at least 16 years of age if you want to apply for the job at Subway.
Job Hours: Operations timings vary from location to location but usually it is from 10 am to 10 pm.
Job Positions: different position on which Subway is offering jobs are Shift Manager, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Sandwich artist, Senior Sandwich Artist, Financial Assistant, Customer Service Representative, Clerk and Office Assistant.
Application Form: You can find the application form from the link below which will allow you to download the pdf file from the left side button on this page.
To apply online for the job, career link of the Subway. By opening the career tab you will get a search bar to find the location of the store near you. This will give the application form to submit at the particular store.
- Subway offers inexperienced people to work for it by opening the entry level for them. These entry level employee positions may include clerks and assistants who do not necessarily have any previous experience of work but only the completion of high school is must.
- Entry level employees should be able to stand for long time i-e during the whole shift and lift up to 30 pounds as they have to perform their job continuously by interacting with the customers who may have different questions regarding the menu.
- The restaurant also provides the opportunity to avail the job at management positions which would require some previous experience as well along the high school diplomas or the college degree.
- At the top of the qualities which are required in the management level employees is to be calm when interacting with the customers, sub-ordinates and corporate officials. Other qualities include, honesty with the work and able to work with dedication and on weekends and holidays whenever required.
Salaries and Benefits
- Entry level employees begin at minimum wage rate which may get promotion after some experience and also get the increase in their salaries according to the new job position they get.
- Sandwich artist who has to take the orders from the customers and make submarine sandwiches in a way to maintain the quality of the food, earns around $8.00 for an hour. He can also get a chance to promote at the senior Sandwich Artist position or Shift Manager depending on his performance.
- Management level jobs which include Store Managers and Assistant Managers have the responsibilities of having a look on the food and its preparation and giving the tasks to the employees. Assistant Manager gets a pay scale of between $10.00 and $11.00 per hour while Managers earn on annual basis and their salaries are between $30,000 and $35,000.
- Shift Managers are required to train the Sandwich Artists and supervise them. They receive an hourly pay of $9.00.
- Other benefits which might be obtained with the salaries include;
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid job training
- Career advancement plans
- Workers at the full time employment can get further benefits by working for Subway. These benefits are;
- Medical, dental and life insurances
- 401(k) retirement plan
New Openings: www.subway.com/subwayroot/careers/regionalJobs.aspx