Big Lots Incorporated is a U.S. based company which presents a chain of departmental stores for its customers all over the country. This company has about 1400 outlets located in 48 states of the country where it offers its products such as food items, cold drinks, toys, furnishing goods, clothes, house hold items, electronic equipment and many more. The company started its business in the year 1967 when Sol A. Shenk made an investment to open the first of its outlets in U.S. It has its head quarter located in Ohio, U.S.
Hiring Procedure At Big Lots:
The process of calling a candidate for interview takes about 1 to 3 weeks. The interviewing procedure may consist of more than one interview by the hiring manager or a panel of interviewers. All the candidates have to submit an online application or print out the application to submit it by hand at the outlet where they are interested in working. The short listed candidates are asked a few general questions during the interviewing process.
Questions asked from candidates having experience:
Some of the common questions that can be asked from the candidates having a past experience of working at positions similar to this job are mentioned as under:
- Have you ever been able to offer a solution to the problem faced during your previous job?
- How can you make your team members feel significant?
- Have you suggested any ideas for improvement of this company which were implemented over time?
- What is your expected salary at this company?
- Have you met any person during your professional life that made big changes in your career?
- In which situations are you most comfortable and what causes you to feel troubled and stressed?
Generally Asked Questions For An Entry Level Position:
Some of the questions that can be asked from the candidates who are fresh college graduates and applying for a job for the first time are mentioned in the list given below:
- What are your goals in life and what career line have you chosen for your future?
- How much do you meet the percentage of qualifications for the position for which you are applying?
- Do you have any skills and qualities that make you unique from other candidates?
- What would be your response in case if your priorities or the companies priorities are modified at some point. How would you cope with that situation?
Questions Asked On A Telephonic Interview:
The candidates that are interviewed on the phone are generally asked the following questions:
- Were you promoted during your last job in a reasonable amount of time?
- Do you have leadership qualities to lead other team members?
- Discuss the times when you coordinated with other team members to accomplish a task?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- Has your previous boss ever disagreed from you or criticized you regarding your work?