- Business Overview
- How Should You Apply?
- Step by Step Guide to Applying Online
- Who is Applebee’s Looking for?
- Company History
Applebee’s is an American owned company that operates and franchises the grill and bar restaurant. The restaurant chain sells American food of a variety of types, such as burgers and sandwiches; soups and salads; appetizers; a variety of chicken, beef, and seafood entrees; pasta; desserts; and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. There are more than two thousand locations throughout the United States, in the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico, and in fifteen countries in international locations. The company was headquartered in Kansas but in 2011 moved its corporate office to Missouri. Global operations include restaurants in Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Greece, Saudi Arabia, and Singapore, to name but a few. Worldwide the corporation employs over 32,000 people both in its casual dining establishments and at its support centers.
Some Facts About Company:
|Services||Restaurant & Casual Dining|
|Total Locations||More Than 2k|
|Main Office||Decatur, GA|
|Total Revenue||$1.3 Billion|
How Should You Apply?
One of the ways you can apply for a job at Applebee’s is by going online. Simply visit official site giving at the table at the page and click on the careers link. By going online you can save time, apply to multiple positions with ease, and sign in to your account as many times as you like to check on your application and check out other jobs.
Walking Into The Restaurant:
The downside to applying online is that you need to have consistent access to a computer as well as have an internet connection. If you do not have either one of these things, you can instead walk into a restaurant. Look up locations near you and visit each one at which you would be willing to work. Ask to speak with a supervisor or manager. He or she will be able to give you a paper application that you will need to fill out. If you have the information you need (social security number, employment history, references’ contact numbers, etc.) on hand then this part of the process will go much faster.
The supervisor or manager will make note of your phone number and call you to set up an interview. If he or she is not busy at the moment you might be asked to interview right then, so be prepared and come with a knowledge of both the company and your desired position.
Step by Step Guide to Applying Online
- Click on the button “Apply Online” presents on this page at the top.
- You will note that there are three different types of jobs: hourly positions, restaurant management, and positions at the support center/corporate office. If you plan on working in an hourly position, type your zip code into the field provided and get started. A window will pop up with all the nearby locations at which you could work.
- Make your selection based on which location is a good traveling distance for you. You may also want to consider applying to more than one location to increase your chances of being hired. On the next page, click a position you would like to apply to, such as bartender or host.
- Type in your zip code again and reselect any restaurants you would be willing to work. Then follow the remaining instructions to fill out all your information and submit an application.
- If you want to apply for restaurant management, select whether or not you are a current team member. You will be taken to the DineEquity career page, where you can browse positions and click on any that interest you. Once you have selected a position, read over all the details carefully, including job description, qualifications, and responsibilities. You can also view the benefits that come with the position.
- If you would like to continue, click on the button to apply. From here you will need to log in or create an account. Once you have registered or logged into your profile, follow the guide online to send in your resume and credentials. You can also follow a similar process when applying for a support center/corporate office job.
Who is Applebee’s Looking for?
Hourly Positions: you will work in the restaurant as a host/hostess, server, bartender, cook, or other team member. Customer service and job-specific skills are necessary, experience is a plus.
Restaurant Management: you might be an assistant manager, general manager, or multi-unit manager. You must have experience in the restaurant industry, knowledge of business and management, and strong leadership skills.
Support center/corporate office: you will work either in Kansas City, Missouri or another support center location in a specific department such as accounting, communications, or finance. You must have department-specific skills, education, and experience.
The youngest you can be to work at Applebee’s is 16 years of age. At this age you can work as a host/hostess, server, or in carside-to-go. If you are 18 you can be a line cook or expediter, but to be a bartender you must be 21. Other positions, such as in management or at corporate, may require additional qualifications, such as a minimum education level, that require applicants to be even older.
Job Seekers Overview:
|Current Opportunities||1620 different posts|
|Awards For Employee||Not Yet|
|Enhancement On Application||N/A|
|Get Response (Avg Time)||Not Declared|
History Of The Company
Founders Bill and T.J. Palmer opened the first Applebee’s location in Georgia in 1980. In 1983 they sold the company to W.R. Grace and Company. Bill became president of the division and began franchising the restaurants and overseeing their expansion. In 9188 Abe Gustin and John Hamra purchased the rights to the grill and bar and continued to expand the franchise and a fast pace. From this point forward the concept proliferated throughout the United States and began adding overseas locations.
Leadership And Financials
The restaurant group is owned by DineEquity, Inc., and the CEO of that corporation is Julia Stewart. Mike Archer is the president of Applebee’s. As of 2006 revenue had reached $1.3 billion. In the same year operating income was $130 million, net income was just shy of $81 million, total assets were $935 million, and total equity was $486 million.