- Company Profile
- How Do You Want to Apply?
- Application Guide
- Who Will They Hire?
Company Profile And Fact Sheet:
This fast food restaurant was founded in the United States and remains an American-owned business. It is headquartered in a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia. They specialize in the sale of chicken sandwiches, which come in a variety of types and flavors. Restaurants also sell side items and beverages. There are currently over 1,700 locations in the majority of American states. It is often associated with the southern United States, which is where business first developed. Future growth will focus on other areas, such as California.
History And Development:
- Truett Cathy opened a restaurant called Dwarf Grill in Georgia in in 1946. The restaurant received a lot of business from the now closed automotive plant nearby. In the early 1960s he came across technology that would allow him to operate a fast food chicken sandwich restaurant in much the same way that fast food companies were operating burger joints. The first location opened in 1967 in a shopping mall fast food court in Atlanta, Georgia. Initially the franchise was expanded solely through food courts, and the first free standing location did not open until the mid-1980s. The restaurant chain has since partnered with universities, hospitals, and airports to bring customers Chick-fil-A food in these venues. The company also started sponsoring the Peach Bowl, a college championship football game that is Atlanta-based.
|Services||Restaurant and Fast Food|
|Main Office||College Park, GA|
|Founder||S. Truett Cathy|
|Total Revenue||( Confidential)|
How Do You Want To Apply?
In A Store:
It is easiest to apply online, but this requires access to a computer and an internet connection. If you do not have reliable computer or internet access, you may want to consider applying in person. You can visit a store and ask to speak with a manager, who may ask to interview and/or give you a paper application to fill out. If you have all the relevant information on hand – such as employment history and references’ contacts – the process with be quick.
Over The Internet:
You may also choose to apply to a restaurant over the internet. There are certain benefits to this method, as it will allow you to create an online career focus so you can check back on your status. It also makes it easier to apply for multiple positions or for jobs above the store level – such as at the corporate headquarters.
Your Guide To Submitting An Application:
- See the button marked as “Apply Online” at this page (Top Right side)
- Then go to the bottom of the screen where, under the company and careers heading, there is a link that will take you to the careers section of the site.
- You will see that there are opportunities within restaurants, at the corporate level, and to get involved in franchising.
- To work in a restaurant, click on the “learn more” link and then select the button to locate stores near you. Find the restaurant in which you would like to work and visit their individual web page. Because each restaurant is franchised and individually owned, you will need to find the contact information on the web page and call that location to find out about exactly how to get hired.
- You can also click on the corporate opportunities tab to learn more. Click on Option at the page like experienced professional, part time and other opportunities, entry level opportunities, and internships – based on in what capacity you would like to work with the corporation. On the following page you will be able to read about benefits that come with the position as well as see answers to frequently asked questions. If you are satisfied with what you have read, click on the button to continue and see open positions. On the next page you can peruse the list of options and click on any titles that interest you. Read over the job description as well as requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities. If you would like to continue, click on the button to submit your resume. From here follow the remaining instructions on the website to fill out all your information and submit your resume. Note that you can also apply using LinkedIn if you have a profile.
- If you are interested in becoming an owner of a franchised location, click on the tab to view more information. You can see areas of growth, read stories from current operators, and find out what initial commitments are required from you to get started.
As a security and validation measure the company sometimes conducts background checks, drug testing, or other measures in which you will be asked to participate. Failure to comply or poor performance may mean that you are not offered a position. If you have concerns, ask to speak with a manager and be upfront about any issues you may have.
Who Will They Hire?
The company is always looking for dedicated and motivated individuals to join the team. They are looking for people who have skill sets and experience in the particular position to which they are applying. Make sure you read over all the description information when you apply to ensure it is a good fit.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Chick-Fil-A is an equal opportunity employer that respects diversity and strives to hire people from all different backgrounds and experiences.
Types Of Jobs:
Restaurant Jobs – these may include working at the register, preparing food, or acting as a supervisor. There are locations all over the country. You can use the online store finder to see where the closest place for you to work would be.
Corporate Level – these positions are located in College Park, Georgia and may include work in a variety of departments. Opportunities are available for people of all skill levels, from internships to entry level positions to experienced professionals.
Franchise – you also have the opportunity to franchise a restaurant, which would allow you to oversee all operations at your very own Chick-Fil-A location.
Each state has its own mandates regarding minimum working age. The company will hire minors to work in restaurants, but the exact minimum age will depend on your state’s laws. Do some research to make sure you qualify and then go through the proper steps to acquire legal consent to work at the restaurant.
Job Seekers Overview:
|Current Opportunities||26 different posts|
|Awards For Employee||Not Yet|
|Enhancement On Application||N/A|
|Get Response (Avg Time)||Not Declared|
The founder is an evangelical Christian whose views affect the company’s business – both in his public declaration of conservative Christian views and in his insistence that all restaurants remained closed on Sunday. S. Truett Cathy is the current chairman and CEO and Dan T. Cathy is the current president and COO. Revenue in 2011 was approximately $4 billion.