- Company History
- Business Overview
- What Method of Application Should You Use
- Step by Step Guide to Apply Online
- Employee Profile Information
- Financials and Key Leadership
Company History :
Bernard Kroger started the company in the late 1800s by investing his life savings in a grocery store. He slowly started to build his business and strived to be as particular about his products as he would be if he were a customer. Kroger was a pioneer in food testing and safety to ensure quality and monitor more closely the goods that were presented to shoppers. From the 1940s through the 70s the founder initiated expansion of the chain by procuring other grocery stores and converting them to his brand. This pattern continued afterward and allowed the chain to enter new markets and be competitive.
Business Overview :
Kroger is an American retailer that is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. It is the largest chain of grocery stores in the United States (second if you calculate it by revenue) and also one of the largest in the world. It operates more than 2,400 stores in more than thirty U.S. states. Stores operate in a variety of different ways – sometimes as department stores, sometimes with a convenience element, sometimes as grocery stores, and alternately as some combination. Most of the locations are in the Midwest and southern part of the country. The corporation also manages various sub-brands of chain retailers. There are over 340,000 employees who help the company execute operations on both the large scale and the day to day level.
Some Facts About Company:
|Services||Grocery Store & Retailer|
|Total Locations||More Than 3500|
|Main Office||Cincinnati, OH|
|Total Revenue||$90.374 billion|
What Method of Application Should You Use?
Perhaps the easiest and fastest way to apply is by going online to main site URL that is mentioned below at this page. By clicking on the careers link you can view the job site and see your options. Applying online is convenient and allows you to apply to multiple positions and access more information, but does require access to a computer and an internet connection.
Applying In Person :
If you do not have access to the internet and do not own a computer, you may consider visiting a location in person. After this so you can ask to speak with a manager. He or she may give you a paper application to fill out. Be sure to bring your employment documents (social security card, photo I.D.) with you in case the manager requests them. You should also be prepared to write in information about your employment history and educational background.
If you are interested (or willing) to work at more than one location, you should visit each store for which you have a desire to work. This allows you to get face time with the managers but also increases your chances of being hired.
Step By Step Guide To Apply Online :
- To access the page where you can apply for job click on “Apply Online” button which is present on this page.
- If you choose to search, type in relevant keywords, your desired job type, your desired company, your location, and your desired employment type (part time, full time, or either). You can also click on a specific job title (such as deli clerk or store management) or a specific job category (such as retail, grocery, or customer service). Your results will be listed with the location, posting date, job title, and company (either Kroger or an owned brand).
- Click on any postings that appeal to your skills and interest. Read the full job description, including the position summary and essential functions. If the posting holds your interest after reading the details, proceed to apply.
- Type in your contact information and then select how you would like to attach your resume. You can browse for a file, make a selection from Drop box or Google Drive, or copy/paste it into the field provided. You can also include a cover letter if you wish. Agree to the terms, continue, and follow the remaining instructions to finalize your submission.
- If you chose to submit an application to a store, start by selecting your location and an acceptable travel radius. Decide which store you would like to apply to and then hit the button to start the application. Note that the application is also available in Spanish if this is preferable. You can also read frequently asked questions and, if you started the application at a previous date, pick up where you left off.
- Follow the remaining instructions to fill out your application and send it into the location of your choice for consideration. No matter how you apply and for what position, Kroger may ask you to participate in additional steps to the hiring process. This may include interviewing you one or multiple times, asking you to submit to a drug test, or running a background check on you. Failure to comply with any of these measures may disqualify you from consideration.
Employee Profile Information:
Who Does Kroger Hire?
The corporation hires people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences in an effort to cultivate a network of diverse employees representing many different cultures, ethnicities, races, and orientations. Regardless of your background, the corporation looks to hire people who are motivated, hardworking, enthusiastic, and have relevant work experience.
Does Kroger Hire Minors?
The company does in fact hire minors, but only for certain positions. For example those in the store working at the register or bagging groceries are more suitable for minors. Other positions, such as those at corporate, require additional skill, experience, and education that minors in the majority of cases do not possess.
Job Seekers Overview:
|Current Opportunities||598 different posts|
|Awards For Employee||Nominated for Awards at 2009, 2008|
|Enhancement On Application||N/A|
|Get Response (Avg Time)||Not Declared|
Financials And Key Leadership :